Shoes are an important part of our everyday lives as they serve many functions. From protecting our feet to balancing our body weight and making our feet feel comfortable. They are no less than a guardian to the feet. However it gets imperative to wear correct fitting shoes as the consequences of wearing poorly fitting shoes can be painful and may lead to a variety of foot disorders like blisters, callouses, bunions, hammer toes and even circulation problems.
Here are a few tips to help you find the right shoes.
1. Get your shoe size checked accurately as it is the starting point in selecting the correct shoe.
2. Make sure you have both feet measured as most people have one feet that is larger than the other. Fit your shoes to the larger foot.
3. Try on the shoes fitted with socks or hosiery that will be worn with the shoes.
4. Always stand and walk around in the shoes to see if they are comfortable , fit well and don’t chafe or rub anywhere.Your heel should not slip or slide while walking.
5. Your shoes should be as wide as and longer than your feet with extra space of 9 mm to 12 mm beyond the longest toe.
6. Don’t plan on shoes stretching over time; make sure that they fit well when you buy them.
7. Choose shoes based on activities for which they’ll be worn.
8. In-addition look for a good shoe construction.
Make sure to follow these basics while purchasing your footwear as it will help minimize the risk of foot problems. As healthy feet are one of the greatest treasures in today’s day and age.